1. If you want a crowd, book a swing dance jazz band: Keenan McKenzie's Riffers band took over what may be a regular gig at Vecino's Brewery in Carrboro Tuesday. Dancing ensued. I'll let you know about the future.
2. Durham's Golden Belt starts a first & third Sunday Brunches Brew: Hosted by NCCU & locavore saxist Alan Thompson 12p.
This Week: There's life after Games of Thrones.
- My favorite NCCU student saxist, Dexter Moses, leads a young lions quartet at Sharp Nine 7p. I'll be there if I can escape at neighborhood meeting.
- My favorite pianist, Jason Moran, & his Bandwagon Trio at Duke Performances @ Durham Fruit & Produce 8p. Do I have a choice??
- Jason Moran talks at Durham's Pinhook 12p. He's always worth hearing speak.
- Moran hosts his Fats Waller Dance Party at Fruit & Product 8p. Check out the Fats Waller head mask.
- Orquesta Gardel Latinizes Durham's Golden Belt Arts Center first Third Friday Arts Walk 7p.
- Kate McGarry/Keith Ganz Quartet at Sharp Nine 8p. Will be there.
- The Hot Club of Raleigh brings gypsy swing to Irregardless 9p.