Two times two is way more than four: Anyone who saw Kate McGarry & Keith Ganz joined by do-not-miss vocalist Tierney Sutton & guitarist Serge Merlaud at Sharp Nine last Tuesday night knows what that means.
This Week: Except for one extravore performance (see Fri-Sat), it's a week to savor lots of locavore jazz...
- Tea Cup Gin at Durham's Blue Note Grill 5p.
- Vocalist Shana Tucker at Saxapahaw's Haw River Ballroom 7p.
- Bassist Rick Bugel's trio (incl Scott Sawyer & Donovan Cheatham) at Watts & Ward 7p. I may be there.
- Grewen & Griffin at Imbibe 7p. I'll be there.
- Dance to the Triangle Jazz Orchestra at the Pittboro Road House 7:30p.
- Peter Lamb & the Wolves do their bi-weekly thing at Humble Pie 8:30p.
- Jazz At the Mary Lou continues at Duke 9:30p.
- Al Strong leads the Durham Hotel jazz jam 7p.
- Eric Hirsh starts his monthly residency at Durham's underground bar Arcana 8p.
- Peter Lamb & Wolves lighten up the NCMA 5:30p.
- The interesting pairing of trumpeter Al Strong & pianist Andrew Berinson at Brasa Steakhouse 7p. I may be there.
- Intriguing young NYC-based pianist Ben Rosenbloom at Sharp Nine 8p. I may be there.
- The incredible--check them on YouTube!--pairing of percussionist Pedrito Martinez & pianist Alfredo Rodriguez at NCSU's Titmus Theater in Thompson Hall 8p.
- Martinez & Rodriguez conveniently reappear at 5p (I'll be there) & 8p at NCSU as above.
- Ernest Turner leads his trio in tunes from his new CD at Sharp Nine 8p. This is a locavore don't miss.