1. Kate McGarry & Keith Ganz still have Carolina on their minds: Kate & the Christian Tamburr Quartet put on a great show at Local Jazz @ The Fruit Monday night, & Keith brings his quartet--Ariel Pocock piano, Paul Creel bass, Kobie Watkins drums--to Sharp Nine this Friday night.
2. There are actually seven choices Thursday night: Yup, that many. See details below.
3. Revival 1869 in Clayton seems to have info on Facebook: Their website hasn't been complete for two months, but their Facebook gives you last minutish info. I've changed that link.
- The Triangle Youth Jazz groups--Band, Orchestra, Ensemble--play for family friends, & anyone else interested in good jazz at the Cary Arts Center 4p. I'm in the last group of fans.
- Pianist Ariel Pocock brings her trio to this week's Local Jazz Club @ The Fruit 7:30p. I'll be there.
- NCCU's all-day Vocal Jazz Summit ends with its concert at B.N. Duke Auditorium 7p.
- UNC's Charanga Latin Orchestra takes over the Durham Hotel jazz jam 7p.
- Bassist Rick Bugel's quartet plays at Watts & Ward 7p.
- The Mint Julep Jazz Band propels swing dancing at Duke's Rubinstein Center 7:30p. The music & dancing are spectacular.
- Yeaux Katz continues its Thursday gig at Carrboro's 2nd Wind 8p. I'll be there because I haven't seen them in months.
- Guitarist Kevin Clark & bassist Chris Sharp pair at Arcana 9p.
- Griffanzo & Danny Grewen shift to C Grace 9p.
- Vocalist Dupresha Townsend at Irregardless 6:30p. Worth getting a seat close to the stage in a noisy restaurant.
- Keith Ganz brings electric tunes to Sharp Nine 8p. I'll be there.
- NCCU young lions, led by jazz-possessed saxist Dexter Moses, at Sharp Nine 8p. I'll be there.
- Vocalist Autumn Rainey at the Local Jazz Club @ The Fruit 7:30p. I'll be there.