1. You'll hardly find better music than this YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EODVOD5QbGE--vocalist Cecile Mclorin Salvant & pianist Sullivan Fortner this summer in France.
2. But this local jazz was almost as good: Vocalist Amy Hancock & pianist Jonathan Markow performed in my "Guide To Local Jazz" class, bringing lesser known standards to us. They preciously brought us "Something Cool" & "Blame It On My Youth". Haven't heard them? Everyone needs to!
This Week: Another one for regular venues & regular performers. Below is where I'll be extraterritorially.
- Formerly locavore legend vocalist Carol Sloane @ the Clayton Arts Center 8p. Google it if you're interested.
- Duck Jazz Fest has the Triangle Youth Jazz Ensemble, Sidecar Social Club, & extravore pianist Benny Green. A jazz fest in fall weather on the OBX? Yup! What else should I do?
- Gypsy Jazz Jam @ Chapel Hill's Driade Cafe 3p. If you like gypsy jazz, go for it.