This (Half) Week: It's probably time to see some new things, e.g.,...
- In faraway Clayton (I live in Carrboro) Revival 1869 starts its Thursday night jazz jam, with a house band 8p.
- At closer (to me) Imbibe Griffanzo on piano with a vocalist 8p.
- Drummer Donovan Cheatham leads a group at Watts & Ward 8:30p.
- Al Strong's trumpet soars above the maddening crowd at C Grace 9p.
- Gregg Gelb's Second Line Stompers bring New Orleans to C Grace 9p.
- The Kraken Bar a few miles west of Carrboro has a jazz jam of intriguing ilk, including Griffanzo on piano & bluesman Armand Lenchek 8p. I think I'll check it out.
- Singer Autumn Rainey joins Donovan Cheatham at Revival 1869 8p.
- Pianist Jim Crew's quartet fights crowd noise proudly at C Grace 9p.
- Pianist Alison Weiner celebrates New Years ("We have something to say about it") at Studio Mahalo in Saxapahaw 2p. Click on "Say Hey" on her site (on the LJ home page), ask for directions. I suspect asking anyone in downtown Saxapahaw will also work. I think I'll look in.
- Latin Jazz at Durham's West End Wine Bar 4p.